Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courtesy Blinkers
09-03-2017, 19:57
RE: Courtesy Blinkers
Hish,

When I was in collage (southern redneck for college) Smile, my beloved BMW 1602 didn't have an intermittent wiper adjustable delay, so I cobbled one together using a 0.79 cent 555 timer, a capacitor, a potentiometer, and a handful of resistors. The whole thing cost maybe a buck and it gave me infinite control from 0s delay to 25s delay.

Somewhere along the line the bean counters took control of Prevost. My guess is it was when Volvo bought them. It's all relative. Look at the problems with the Wanderlodge M450 and the foot dragging done by Blue Bird, look at the bulkhead separation in the Foretravel chassis and the factory's unwillingness to offer support, look at the cracking of the Newell frame and the factory's head-in-the-sand response, choose any SOB plastic motorhome and look at the problems and the factories' denial and lack of fixes and customer support. Many only budge after the poor owner goes public in excruciating and embarrassing detail. Prevost is still the best of the bunch.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2017, 22:40
David
I would expect more from the best. But it is what it is and you are right other manufacturer have given a deaf ear to issues of their poor engineering.
One should not accept a mediocre response from those who produce junk, it is time that the consumer stand up.
No wander the product liability ambulance chasers are doing so well financially.
09-03-2017, 23:39 (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 23:40 by davidbrady.)
Hish,

I'd like to hold them completely accountable for the skin delam, but they didn't do too badly. They did better than most. Like you said they imposed a ten year limit on help with repairs and only for original purchasers. Anything more may have been the demise for Prevost. They are after all a small time producer; that is, in comparison to the major automotive manufacturers. It's been rumored the reason that Wanderlodge no longer exists is because of the liability costs CCW had to shoulder related to the M450 recalls. In other words, it's very possible to drive a company like Prevost out of business by forcing them to do more. I'm not saying we shouldn't hold manufacturers to a high standard, but I am saying that sometimes we may lose sight of the overall costs and effects of our demands. It's very possible Prevost could not financially handle more help with the delam.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
09-04-2017, 10:20
David
Having worked in the auto industry I do understand that issue very well. The things automotive understands is that we make mistake but we fix them either because NTSA action or self motivated action.
Pervost sells many more H3 than they do XL2's therefore having to fix a knowing engineering problem should not drive the company out of business. And the fix is for the motor home vehicles, they did not have an issue with the over the road coaches " I am not sure of the process they use on the over the road coaches".
09-09-2017, 08:25
BTW, the delam problem is specific to motorhome and star coach shells. Entertainers and passenger buses dont have SS panels above the bay doors.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)