Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courtesy Blinkers
09-02-2017, 10:12
Courtesy Blinkers
Learned something about my Prevost today. At the end of the multi-function lever (the turn signal lever) is a button. When pressed, this button flashes the clearance and parking lights to thank a trucker for letting you in. Till now, I've been giving a quick two blink left turn signal for those rare, rare, occasions I need to thank a trucker. I find truckers are usually a thankless breed when it comes to RVs!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2017, 10:29
RE: Courtesy Blinkers
David
You may also have a switch by your left elbow panel that blinks the head light as well, to let traffic that want to merge.
09-02-2017, 12:05
I'll look for it Hish. The other thing that I wish I had but can't find is an intermittent windshield wiper delay.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2017, 23:48
David it should be on the turn signal stalk it is a Prevost item. the first click it the intermittent wiper the 2ed click it the high speed
09-03-2017, 10:25
But no delay adjustment. At least I can't find it.

david brady,

09-03-2017, 10:30
David no delay adjustment on the Prevost, one size fit all. What do you want on a Million dollar vehicle????
09-03-2017, 11:02
It's odd Hish. I checked the owner's manual for a brand new, 2017, $550K shell and they still don't have an intermittent wiper delay adjustment. Maybe it's a Canadian regulation thing, or maybe Prevost tried and they couldn't get the 3 drive shaft, 2 right angle drive, PLC pneumatic control system to work! LOL!

david brady,

09-03-2017, 12:18
David
Some of the off brand motor homes have 2 to 3 speed wiper system but not our so called best in class. OH WELL we do what we can.
09-03-2017, 12:35 (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 12:38 by davidbrady.)
In all fairness Hish, I do need to cut them a break on this; I mean, you don't want to rush to market with something as cutting edge as an adjustable intermittent wiper delay. Sometimes it's prudent to let your competition beat you to market so you can learn from their mistakes. My guess is Prevost's quietly waiting in the background as the competition becomes a laughing stock. I'm confident once Prevost sorts through the multitudes of failures, they'll pounce on the competition with a thoroughly robust and reliable system. Smart! Smile

david brady,

09-03-2017, 19:01
David
You are correct about waiting so that the competition comes up with a commercial product they can use but not if you are asking $550 -$650K for the product you build. Just like the they fixed the skin delimitation on the XL2, customer to do their R&D for them and pay $40-$45K to repair and repaint a batched engineering Prevost did . They will repair coach that are under 10 years in service and the first owner, otherwise owners must foot the $40- $45 K for repair or repaint.
When I worked in automotive industry if the product fails due to design issue the company paid for the repair regardless of time period.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)