Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevost XLII Skin Delamination Repair
05-05-2017, 09:59 (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 23:11 by davidbrady.)
RE: Prevost XLII Skin Delamination Repair
(05-05-2017 01:01)Hisham Amaral Wrote:  David
You are having too much fun with this, you have to remember that at .2%strain you are in the none linear ranger or start of the yield as you continue to strain the spacemen. Overall great results I was trying to add stress strain curve but was to taking the copy past. I am sure you can get the plots I am talking about. from the internet.

Good point Hish. Here's the strain percentage of MMA from the paper I posted. The paper also has plots:

Here are the displacements of the Ribbed Stainless and FRP panels at buckling:

Ribbed:

FRP:

The fiberglass panel deflects about twice as much as the stainless panel: .02" versus .01". I contend we don't get into buckling but I could be wrong. What are your thoughts? You know this stuff better than I do.

As an FYI:
Here's a close up picture of my fiberglass panel. You can see there's an extruded track that's bonded into the panel to hold the adhesive. This channel ensures a minimum depth of adhesive. IOWs, you can't squeeze out the adhesive by applying too much pressure.

Here's a pic of the side panel on Spongebob. This is the panel above the bay doors that corresponds to the stainless panels on the XLII:

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prevost XLII Skin Delamination Repair - davidbrady - 05-05-2017 09:59
RE: XLII Panel Repair Alternative - Arctic bird - 11-10-2014, 16:18

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)