Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevost XLII Skin Delamination Repair
05-01-2017, 15:07 (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 15:07 by cmillsap.)
RE: XLII Panel Repair Alternative
(04-30-2017 18:25)davidbrady Wrote:  I'm sure it's fixed. It'd be lunacy for Prevost to offer a bus with glued on stainless panels otherwise. I know if I had loose panels I'd have Prevost re-attach them with the latest adhesive and process. No way would I let them drill holes for the rivet fix. Last thing I need is a new trainie with 10 hours of experience drilling into the side of my coach. I know that a properly adhesive attached panel provides sufficient strength and toughness, and I know it can last. I prefer glue!

Here's an alternative to stainless steel acid etching, or grinding, or sandblasting for panel prep: the sol-gel process.

David,

It may be fixed but only time will tell.

I find it hard to argue that glue is a better fastener than rivets. But I do understand why Prevost does it. There are several reasons but mainly because it is more economical and it improves the bus’s appearance.

I’m very happy with my XL2 with glued panels but I was dang sure to have the glued panels inspected before I bought it. I accept the fact that a panel may become loose sometime in the future and I will just get it re-glued if it ever happens.

It would be prudent to add a panel inspection to any P.D.I when purchasing any coach with glued panels including an H3 as there have been a few loose panels found on them as you well know.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: XLII Panel Repair Alternative - Arctic bird - 11-10-2014, 16:18
RE: XLII Panel Repair Alternative - cmillsap - 05-01-2017 15:07

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)