Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruisairs- the saga continues
05-30-2018, 13:35 (This post was last modified: 05-30-2018 13:36 by davidbrady.)
RE: Cruisairs- the saga continues
(05-30-2018 12:43)Hisham Amaral Wrote:  The question I have for you is, have you ever been in an area with temps at or above 108 F ?

Hish, how 'bout if I visit you this summer and camp out in the heat of Las Vegas. We can play with the AC together to see how it works? Smile

(05-30-2018 13:06)CC_Guy Wrote:  FWIW, I had a plan to install a mini split in the stateroom of my XL to reduce noise. The mini-splits all use soft start motors. In fact their fans almost always are spinning. They use far less energy for those running them off of inverters.

Some of the home builders of coaches are installing these mini splits. Whether or not they should, they are laying the outdoor unit on it's side. My plan was to install the outdoor unit as it should be in an enclosure built into the rear cap. Much of that space was not effectively used in the walk-in closet anyway. Now that I have an H, I'm sure I could stand them up in a bay, although my roof airs in my H are plenty quiet.

I've seen Cruise-Air compressors for sale for about $800, if that's all you need.

That's good info CC_Guy. Packaging is a big issue with the alternative mini-spits and I've wondered whether they can be placed on their sides. As you said, most of them do have constantly running compressors. I think the marketing term for that is 'inverter technology', it's the same sort of tech used in the ultra low power refrigerators: Samsung, etc, which is basically Variable Frequency Drive; i.e., an AC motor where the inverter controls the frequency of the motor's input voltage to adjust compressor speed. They should be power inverter (Heart, Xantrex, etc) friendly because I think the first thing they do is rectify the incoming power AC to DC. I'm sure you know all of this, but just for completeness sake... Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cruisairs- the saga continues - davidbrady - 05-30-2018 13:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)