Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruisairs- the saga continues
05-25-2018, 22:42 (This post was last modified: 05-25-2018 23:14 by travelite.)
RE: Cruisairs- the saga continues
That's one of the challenges Chuck. You'd need to build elbow duct work and attach it to the side or front of the condensing unit to allow discharging out the bottom of the coach. I'm still looking for a good condensing unit form factor. Many of the household types seem to be tall, wide and narrow - maybe as tall as two CruisAirs stacked. In my coach one of my basement units discharges out the bottom while the other discharges out the back. One possible solution would be to choose a 30,000 BTU or more condensing unit and use it in place of two Cruisair basement condensing units. Then you could run it with two concealed duct units in the house - they call this multizoning, and it's similar to the original RVAC installed in the early Vantare's. I think all these solutions are preferable to cutting a hole in the roof. Me... I'd probably just pony up the $4k for a reman unit. Heck, so far I've gotten 14 years out of the existing units, that's not a bad cost per year.

It's going to take some time to come up with a good solution, but the good news is there seems to be a large supply of products out their to choose from.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cruisairs- the saga continues - davidbrady - 05-25-2018 22:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)