Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruisairs- the saga continues
05-30-2018, 10:29
RE: Cruisairs- the saga continues
(05-29-2018 17:19)davidbrady Wrote:  Ernie,

I don't know how Liberty did it, but the CruisAirs behind the front bumper on my Vantare swing out on trays for removal. Maybe Hish has an idea of how difficult removal is in a Liberty.

I spoke with AAP today. The cost of a reman condensing unit is $2800. The cost of a brand new unit is $4300. I was a bit surprised over the cost of a reman. Further inquiry revealed that on Jan 2015 there was a price increase. Prior to Jan 2015 the reman price was $2500 and it remained at this price for the previoius three years. Back before 2012 the price was $2000 and that's the lowest the price ever was. So the information I had earlier of a cost of $1250 was incorrect, that must have been for a compressor replacement. With the reman comes a new drier/accumulator which is mounted outside the condensing box. In the event compressor failure sent metal fragments throughout the system, AAP does recommend backwashing the evaporator system. AAP said there's nothing to fail in the evaporator system except for the blow fan motor - there's no expansion valve.

I questioned them about cooling ability in the summer heat of the four corners (CO, AZ, NM, UT) USA. They said they've been after the converters for years to use the large rubber 90 deg radiused exhaust elbows out the bottom of the coach directed opposite to the inlet vents in the basement doors. They also said it's better if the coach remains at normal ride height at all times to minimize condensing blower fan pressure. Vantare uses these CruisAir rubber vents on all four CruisAirs; I know some other converters do not. AAP was adamant about the importance of eliminating recirculating air currents.
David
In addition to keeping the coach at normal height one have to use a running water hose under the unites to keep them cool and running. This is a firsthand experience with my 03 Liberty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cruisairs- the saga continues - Hisham Amaral - 05-30-2018 10:29

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)