Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bit by the Barometric Sensor, DD Series 60
11-27-2017, 12:20 (This post was last modified: 11-27-2017 12:21 by davidbrady.)
Bit by the Barometric Sensor, DD Series 60
We took the bus up to visit my parents over Thanksgiving. It's a short 1000 mile round trip. On the way up I experienced a CEL (check engine light). The coach had no power and the boost gauge was reading zero and staying there. I pulled into a weigh station, idled the engine, depressed the dash DD Override switch, and read the engine codes:
CEL: 33, 43, 44
SEL: 47

33 is "Turbo sensor input voltage high".
47 is "Turbo boost pressure high".

After shutting the engine down and restarting the boost sensor was fine and we continued on our journey w/o any problems. In Harrisburg I ordered a new boost sensor and I installed it. The 500 mile drive home was uneventful until I arrived at my garage and began backing it in. At that point the boost sensor pegged to max and the CEL came on; we were lucky to make it home! I limped it into the garage and inspected the engine compartment thinking this time it's a wiring harness issue. I followed the harness and what did I find? The dreaded Barometric sensor which was a recall addition designed to help in inferring engine fires. These sensors have been problematic for years. I didn't think I had one on my coach or I would have removed it long ago. Now I need the original wiring harness to restore the direct connection from the boost sensor to the ECM. Anyone have a part number?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bit by the Barometric Sensor, DD Series 60 - davidbrady - 11-27-2017 12:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)