Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premium Increase
09-27-2017, 16:14
Premium Increase
Just received my coach insurance renewal notice from Allied. Premium increased 25% over last year.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2017, 17:42
RE: Premium Increase
On top of the 25% increase from last year? Sheesh!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
09-28-2017, 15:33
The companies are recovering the monies they lost in TX FL and others.
That is free market at work.
09-28-2017, 18:32 (This post was last modified: 09-28-2017 18:46 by cmillsap.)
Many insurance companies are choosing not to insure hi-value coaches. My agent had only three insurers that would insure a Prevost including Allied which currently insures my coach. The other two were Safeco and Progressive. I'm sure there are other insurers out there that will insure a Prevost but you can safely bet at much high premiums than was the case just a few years ago. I requested quotes from insurers that advertise on the Prevost forums. They ran more than double of what I am paying at Allied. Progressive quoted a premium at twice the cost of Allied' even with the renewal premium increase of 25%. Safeco quoted almost the same premium as Allied but the coverage was 50% of Allied with no Agreed Value terms.
FYI, Allied is not quoting new customers wishing to insure their Prevost. However, they are renewing policies on a Prevost for existing clients. They require payment of the full 12 months (annual) premium up front.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
03-27-2018, 09:11
I just received my Nationwide renewal. You guessed it, a 20% increase over last year. $2500 to $3000.

david brady,

03-27-2018, 14:42
(03-27-2018 09:11)davidbrady Wrote:  I just received my Nationwide renewal. You guessed it, a 20% increase over last year. $2500 to $3000.

Based on reported mileage on used coaches for sale, I would guess that about 5,000 miles per year is the average annual mileage put on recreational coaches. I’ve put 15000 miles on my coach over the last 3 years. My insurance premium is about $3000. That’s about $.60 per mile for insurance coverage which is $.21 higher than my fuel cost per mile.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
09-28-2018, 17:09
So, I received my new insurance premium notice today from Nationwide. Another 20% increase over last years premium. From $3705 to $4437 on an Agreed Value of $275K. Anyone know of an insurance company that has good coverage at a fair premium?

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
09-28-2018, 18:03
That really sucks Chuck. I've heard great things about Miller. Have you tried them?
http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/

david brady,

10-24-2018, 02:46 (This post was last modified: 10-24-2018 09:19 by cmillsap.)
Motercoach Insurance is getting expensive. Mine has risen 20% each year for the last 3 years in a row. The 'Agreed Value" clause added about 25% to the premium cost over standard "Appraised Value".

Having adequate liability coverage is more important to me than maybe receiving a few thousand dollars less at "Appraised Value" if I ever have to file a damage claim. So, I removed the "Agreed Value" clause from my policy with Nationwide.

That reduced my premium from $4435.32 to $3108.63 saving me a whopping $1326.63 annually.

So, if your coach insurance cost is getting unreasonably expensive, you might consider dropping the "Agreed Value" clause from your policy and save big bucks next time it comes up for renewal.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-03-2019, 13:52
Chuck . I had Bluesky for years and last year about this time they did to me as they did with many and sent me the dear John letter . So off I go shopping for new quotes and found one that I could live with but they said I hade 2 at fault claims and doubled the rate. So after explaining to them that sitting in a RV Park during a Hail storm should not qualify as a at Fault Claim she agreed but said I needed to clear it first with the Underwriter . Well being on the road all the time I just added it on to my Geico Policy . However they do not provide full coverage , So here I'am with liability only and praying the old Bird dosent catch on fire. So out with a working Norcold and many Prayers offered Nightly and to date all is good . I figure if someone hits me like they did David there ins covers the claim . If I self inflict damage , o well that's on me .

So now the question how would you insure a 1998 Vantare ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)