Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing manuals
09-01-2017, 00:51
Missing manuals
Good Evening,
Just joined and hope some of you good, experienced people could give us advise.
We have never owned a Prevost conversion, but are in the process of selecting our retirement travel coach. So tired of sleeping in bug ridden hotels and dealing with TSA.
We had narrowed the converter down to Marathon as they still are in business, until we stumbled on a very nice 2000 Vision. Was almost ready to make the purchase when we found out that the box with all the manuals were stolen some time back while the present owner had the coach serviced. We immediately put on the breaks, because being new to these big buses and not knowing anything about this orphan coach is simply too much of a risk for us. Are we over reacting or is our instinct correct?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2017, 08:04
RE: Missing manuals
Hands on experience works very well. I have a whole box of manuals, but rarely use them. Go for the Vision- nice coaches. Liberty is still in business, also
09-01-2017, 22:14
Prevost manuals are no issue, can download them from the Prevost site. The Vision I am not sure about. Are they still in business?
09-01-2017, 22:57
Here's a link to the Prevost Publications that Hish mentioned.
https://secure5.volvo.com/technicalpubli...wiring.asp

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
09-09-2017, 08:34 (This post was last modified: 09-09-2017 08:35 by CC_Guy.)
I don't believe Vision did anything complex in their conversion. I know of 2 Vision owners that love their coaches. BTW, not all converters provided electrical and plumbing drawings, one that is still in business still doesn't and won't.

If you were in the Vision did you notice the extra headroom over almost any other XL conversion you've been in? Vision conversions used shells with the shorter motorhome wheelbase and the taller entertainer shell.

Just my two cents as someone that helps prospective buyers, an orphan coach can be a better value than a production coach.
11-02-2017, 12:44
I want to thank all of you for your replies. We did the 13 hour round trip just to learn that this bus was not for us. Pictures certainly don't tell the whole story if owner conveniently forgets to photograph the damage, but still tells you that this is the best bus you will ever have laid eyes on.
Bus had electrical fire melting the power cord retracting outer metal casing. The exhaust vent in toilet area was missing and some make shift vintage/trashed door panel was attached to the ceiling in it's place. Shattered window. Closet doors had been replaced with plywood panels, hinges and door runners torn off, broken cook top, badly corroded everything only superseded by 'broken-you-name-its'. Not into making our first coach a Halloween horror show. Happily moving on!
Will be asking about rust bubbles in a different thread.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)