Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Prevost VS Wanderlodge
07-15-2017, 18:36 (This post was last modified: 07-15-2017 18:38 by cmillsap.)
RE: Prevost VS Wanderlodge
Mike,

I loved my Wanderlodges but it’s an absolute fact that if you buy a Bluebird, you are basically on your own to keep it road worthy or you’re burdened with the task of finding knowledgeable service centers that are willing to work on it. There are a few leftover Bluebird dealerships that still service Birds, such as Parliament in Florida but they are disappearing fast.

You probably answered your own question when you stated that you were concerned about parts availability. David is correct, parts availability and finding knowledgeable mechanics to do repairs on a Bird is becoming more difficult as these Birds age.

I owned 3 Birds before I was forced to buy a Prevost because I wanted a coach made by a going company that has supporting service centers nationwide. I chose a Marathon conversion for the same reason. I was tired of worrying about being on the road in the Bird and having a breakdown where I could find nobody to help me get it back on the road.

When considering buying a Prevost conversion, you should know that you should take your BUS to a Prevost service center to have service or repairs done on the chassis and the other Prevost installed parts but you should take your COACH to the converter’s service centers to have all the added household items serviced. There is very little crossover service or repairs done by either Prevost or the converter. However, Marathon will do some of the Prevost related service such as oil changes and minor repairs and, if asked, they will work on a competitor’s coach but they are mostly oriented towards servicing their own stuff.

If you decide to buy a Prevost conversion, you should also be aware that several converters are out of business which means you will find it more difficult to find a repair facility that is familiar or knowledgeable with those converter’s installed items. My point is that self-reliance to fix needed repairs on the conversion items of an orphaned coach is certainly an attribute.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Prevost VS Wanderlodge - Garynmike - 07-14-2017, 16:49
RE: Prevost VS Wanderlodge - ERNIEE - 07-14-2017, 20:47
RE: Prevost VS Wanderlodge - cmillsap - 07-15-2017 18:36
RE: Prevost VS Wanderlodge - CC_Guy - 08-17-2017, 16:07
RE: Prevost VS Wanderlodge - ERNIEE - 08-17-2017, 20:33
RE: Prevost VS Wanderlodge - trrust - 08-14-2018, 23:08

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)