Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolant System Green Goo
07-03-2017, 16:52 (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 16:53 by davidbrady.)
RE: Coolant System Green Goo
You're right Chuck, the standard life coolants will work and have worked for a long time. The advantages I see of an extended life coolant are ease of maintenance and elimination of silicate dropout. According to the DD doc I posted above, if you run SLC you need to renew the NalCool 3000 Needs Release filter every year, you need to use test strips to verify the Nitrite concentration and add supplements if the level is below 900ppm and dilute your coolant if the level is above 3200ppm, and you need to dump the coolant every two years, flush, and renew. With ELC your filter is a blank, you get to skip the Nitrite testing, you never add additives or dilute your coolant, and you can wait four years before dumping your entire coolant, flushing, and renewing. It's simply a matter of reducing the maintenance cost and effort of owning these machines. I'm all for simplifying.

Knowing what I now know about caustic flushing products, I wouldn't flush and neutralize without removing the transmission cooler, inspecting, and replacing seals. This is more work that I get to postpone for four years.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Coolant System Green Goo - davidbrady - 07-02-2017, 12:40
RE: Coolant System Green Goo - davidbrady - 07-03-2017 16:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)