Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolant System Green Goo
07-02-2017, 17:27
RE: Coolant System Green Goo
David,

I'm not a chemists either but I think the green goo happened because Prevost (Richland) didn't flush enough of the green ethylene glycol out of the system before they added the ELC in. So you may have had significant amount of standard green ethylene glycol remaining in the system which got mixed with the ELC which caused the non-compatibility and consequently the green goo. But again, you know more about the make-up of coolants than I do.

I trust the Prevost tech (Louie) that always services my bus at Mira Loma. He's an old pro and would never mix coolants.

David, I changed from the standard green coolant to OAT in two of my Bluebirds. In both cases and ulterior to the claim that OAT cools better, I found no difference in the cooling ability of OAT as compared to the green ethylene glycol. If anything, it appeared to me that the coolant system heat rise was quicker with OAT than the standard green stuff when the engine was under load such as when climbing a steep grade. Maybe just my imagination tho.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Coolant System Green Goo - davidbrady - 07-02-2017, 12:40
RE: Coolant System Green Goo - cmillsap - 07-02-2017 17:27

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)