Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Observation About RV Parks
09-22-2017, 17:55 (This post was last modified: 09-27-2017 13:20 by travelite.)
RE: My Observation About RV Parks
In addition to everything that's been said I'd like to add something that happened to us in Colorado. Suzana and I manage the current CG situation by booking well ahead and arriving on time. This often means many long driving days to stay on schedule. We usually stay around two weeks at each location unless we're terribly disappointed with the CG in which case we call around and move on. This past trip we stayed for extended periods in the high mountain country of Colorado, outside of Yellowstone in Wyoming, and at Mt Rushmore. Everything was planned except the Mt Rushmore trip. We called a CG at the last minute and got spot and this was during Sturgis bike week which is the busiest week of the year with over 100,000 bikers showing up. So we've been somewhat fortunate in finding suitable CGs on this last trip. Anyway, back to my story. One morning while in Co we loaded everyone in the car and drove to Leadville. We found a paved bike riding trail so we pulled in and parked the car. We're all sitting in the car talking and preparing for our hike. I had the air conditioning on. I opened my door to get items from the trunk when I saw this guy approaching me. He said, "do you like our clean Colorado air"? I said, "sure I do". He replied, "Well then turn your damn engine off. You know we have engine idle rules in Colorado. Why don't you go back to your own state and pollute the air there"! At which point, I told him "TO TAKE A HIKE AND BUZZ OFF"! I know I didn't do NC/CO public relations any good, but all throughout our Colorado stay I felt and sensed this attitude by the locals. Go home, we don't want you here kind of feeling. A rudeness by drivers, service staff, and this vigilante really topped it off so I let him have it. I guess what I'm saying is along with everything that's been said in this thread, there's also this local xenophobia thing that I'm sensing. I don't know where it comes from but if I were to guess I'd say it's an offshoot of our current Washington administration. People feel emboldened to take matters into their own hands, instead of calling the police, they get in your face. A little bit of a tangent, but RV and travel related.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Observation About RV Parks - davidbrady - 09-22-2017 17:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)