Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Observation About RV Parks
09-20-2017, 15:15 (This post was last modified: 09-20-2017 15:25 by Itchintogo.)
RE: My Observation About RV Parks
Just got back from Vancouver Island day before yesterday and I have to admit I am glad I don't have a bigger unit that I do. 44 ft when hooked up but it articulates in the middle. I have noticed the same thing you guys are noticing as well. For many of the various reasons discussed on this thread, this was exactly my reasoning not to retain my Bird and keep my 5ver. It is just easier and I can fit into most places and stealth boondock if I have to. There were 3 or 4 instances on this trip I was appreciative I didn't have anything bigger. As it was it was still 450.00 just for the boat rides. I did happen to see another forum moderator walking his dog in Victoria as I was at the same campground which is also probably 50% permanent residents mixed throughout the sizable campground. They charged top dollar and no weekly rate although they must have an unadvertised monthly rate. One other thing I noticed this trip is that alot of campgrounds won't post their rate on their website. They don't want you to be able to compare CG's on your phone.

BLM with a bus is often done but I also know of a few that have had a sinking problem. At least you don't have to put the step out!

I like the State and Provincial Parks as they have the 14 day stay limit so that eliminates the residency issues. But a couple of years ago Oregon went with Reserve America and boy it is alot harder to find a spot. What I do now, is I know Carl G Washburn and Cape Blanco are non reservable parks so I plan to arrive at either park around 1 PM and usually get a spot. Both of those parks have some spots that would fit a Prevost. Washburn full service no internet or cell and Blanco has cell service and water and power no dump station. Blanco has quite a few big rig spots and what a vista as well.

But honestly the last year and a half I am feeling like Hish. I am seriously considering selling the trailer the truck and my place in WA. It is all becoming just a bit "too much". Both in terms of time and effort and also in certain current antics that I really would rather distance myself from. As Hish pointed out in another thread it may well be "time to do something different" indeed. I guess I am slowly losing " my itch to go".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Observation About RV Parks - Itchintogo - 09-20-2017 15:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)