Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Observation About RV Parks
07-31-2017, 18:51 (This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 18:58 by cmillsap.)
RE: My Observation About RV Parks
(07-31-2017 18:26)CC_Guy Wrote:  Chuck,

I'm reluctant to take the opinion of who ever answers the phone at the park. It's either someone that's clueless about size or it's an owner looking at occupancy rates.

I'me stayed at parks from FL to AK and have maybe once been let down. Google Earth is your friend when it comes to looking at parks. This coupled with park reviews has worked for me.
Yep cc_guy, I'm usually more discerning when trying to book reservations. However, here in the Northwest, rv parks are full up and you're fortunate to even find a spot to park without making reservations days or even weeks in advance.

What's happening is that the rv parks are being turned into permanent residents of 5th wheels and travel trailer owners which leaves less spots in the parks available for people traveling through the area or just visiting for a few days. It's becoming more like the park operators think they are doing you a favor by renting you a spot rather than being appreciative of you as a customer. Rates are also increasing in the process due to demand being higher than the supply.

The RV Parks are also getting filled up due to people coming to view the upcoming eclipse on the 21st of August. Next week we'll be out of the congestion and into northern Montana for fun and fishing.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Observation About RV Parks - cmillsap - 07-31-2017 18:51

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)