Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Observation About RV Parks
06-27-2017, 14:26
RE: My Observation About RV Parks
I agree Chuck,

As attractive as HarvestHosts appears I think your right on the mark: single night stays, off the path, and difficult access for a 45' bus is very limiting. Owning my own pad in a high-end RV park never interested me, again too limiting. I'm with you as are probably most folks, the fun part of this lifestyle is in experiencing new places each year. There's no way you and I are going to fix the economic divide in this country, certainly not in our lifetimes, so the best we can do is adapt. We may feel out of place, awkward, and possibly targeted in CGs with high permanent residencies, so I take all reasonable precautions, but I also say hello and make friends with my neighbors. There's nothing like seeing Suzy leave the bus holding the baby, followed by Danny, Cami, and Matthew to break the ice! After that mostly everyone is over talking to us and even looking out for us. I try to screen CGs but we often have little choice. This is why I brought up the boondocking nature of our buses. Last year we spent three nights in hotel parking lot in the Breckenridge, Co area. It worked out. It also has me thinking about how we might improve our buses for off-grid use. Thoughts?

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Observation About RV Parks - davidbrady - 06-27-2017 14:26

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)