Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Observation About RV Parks
06-27-2017, 00:05
RE: My Observation About RV Parks
David,
I’m afraid the Harvest Hosts concept would be more of a hassle than it’s worth. Consider that getting to some of their locations is way off the beaten track and most only allow one overnight stay may make it too inconvenient for most travelers.

Many Prevost and other luxury coach owners have opted to buy a lot in an owner-owned resort. Now, that guarantees you a good destination spot to travel to but I like to travel to different places each year and would need several owned lots across the country. The big issue with owning multiple lots in this type of resort is not the initial cost of the purchase price so much but the ongoing monthly maintenance costs. If you own one and need to sell it, it can take years and the maintenance dues just keep adding up.

Also, owning one allows the possibility of renting it out but usually the rental demand season coincides with the time of the year you are planning to use it. So, between the resort administration taking their cut and your seasonal personal use, rental receipts are negligible.

Another issue with staying at these hi-end resorts is the excessive daily fees. Many running as high as $150 per night with no discounts for weekly or extended stays.
Examples:
Pelican Lake $145 Avg, Outdoor Resorts $140 Avg, Polson RV Resort $130 Avg
So, if you spend the 4 summer months at one of these locations, except for the investment in the lot, the cost will be approximately the same as the annual maintenance fee if you owned the lot.

Seems to me though, that staying on your owned lot for the summer defeats the purpose of having a motorhome. You might as well have a park model planted on the lot and drive your car there each summer.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Observation About RV Parks - cmillsap - 06-27-2017 00:05

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)