Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My Observation About RV Parks
06-26-2017, 20:14 (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 21:00 by travelite.)
RE: My Observation About RV Parks
I've feel your discomfort Chuck. It's hard enough to blend in a Prevost let alone when the CGs are filled with permanent residents most of whom are barely getting by. Don't you wish you had a button to push to make it look like a 1979 MCI-7? I try to stick to the Big Rigs book and for any stay over a single night I try to find out what percentage of the tenants are permanent. What else can we do to try to "clear" campgrounds before booking a stay? We're going to be constrained to Outdoor Resorts, Indio, and Pelican Lakes but only if we make reservations 9 months in advance! The other online RV boards talk about the same problem. There's no space left in CGs for spontaneous trips. Sorta takes the fun out if it doesn't it. Add to this that finding space to boondock a 45' bus can be a challenge. How 'bout some outside the box thinking? Maybe it's time to concentrate on converting our buses into boondocking masterpieces: solar cells, passive cooling, faster charging batteries, more efficient electrics and concentrate on off-gridding in BLM's and in using resources like HarvestHosts. I can be host here in Asheville, NC.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Observation About RV Parks - davidbrady - 06-26-2017 20:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)