Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Run AC's from Inverters or not
06-13-2017, 15:34
RE: Run AC's from Inverters or not
Thanks David & CC Guy,

Trying to understand the sophisticated and complex integrated electrical circuity of a Prevost converted motorcoach is an enormous task. All owners should try to at least learn the basics.

My Gen AC input is set at 60A. The inverter menu is complex and confusing. So, I must follow the manual closely when accessing. I’ve tried to memorize the basics of the inverter menu operation but forget most of it within a few days. We’re in 50*F weather presently so I can’t run the a/c units to check inverter amp meter for negative amps loads.

All is probably normal but the inverters showing bulk charging while the 2 A/Cs are running off the inverters really is confusing. If I understand correctly, the batteries are actually being bulk charged but by the 50DN and not the inverters as I know they cannot invert and charge at the same time.

Regarding the 15 amps showing on the generator output amp meters when running 3 a/c units, it may be that the a/c units are cycling whereby all 3 of their compressors are not running at the same time. However, it’s interesting that the 2 legs are staying balanced at 15 amps. You would think that the one leg powering 2 a/c units would jump up to 30 or so amps when those 2 A/c units are cycling on. It may be happening and I’m just missing seeing it as I glance down at the display as I momentarily switch the screen to Generator. I don’t keep the Generator display on all the time as I drive with the B/U camera screen on so I can keep an eye on the towed.

When the weather gets hot I will run the generator and adjust all three of the a/c thermostats high enough to cause them all to run at the same time to see what the amp load is on each leg of the generator.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Run AC's from Inverters or not - cmillsap - 06-13-2017 15:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)