Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this cylinder and what does it do?
05-16-2017, 20:18 (This post was last modified: 05-16-2017 20:26 by paulfedex.)
RE: What is this cylinder and what does it do?
(05-16-2017 20:04)ERNIEE Wrote:  I had that on my old 88 Bird. My old 83 with the 6v92 had that canister, but the bottom plug was missing- so much for oil containment

Hi Erniee,

No plug on mine either. Don't know if there ever was.

(05-16-2017 19:46)davidbrady Wrote:  Paul,

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you periodically start your engine and idle it or fast idle it to keep it in good running order. This may have caused more than the typical slobber out the slobber tubes. A cold engine that hasn't been run to normal oil operating temps will slobber more. Running to normal oil operating temps requires getting the bus out on the highway for a good 50 to 60 mile ride. I think once you get it running more regularly you'll get a whole lot less slobber.

BTW, I think you couldn't post a pic because you just joined and I hadn't yet promoted you to a "Full Member". You're a full member now so you should be able to upload pics.

David,

You are absolutely correct. That is exactly what I have been doing. My tires are aged-out (10 years!) and I am reluctant to drive anywhere but the tire dealer. Saving up for that wonderful purchase!

Paul
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is this cylinder and what does it do? - paulfedex - 05-16-2017 20:18

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)