Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this cylinder and what does it do?
05-16-2017, 19:03 (This post was last modified: 05-16-2017 19:10 by paulfedex.)
RE: What is this cylinder and what does it do?
(05-16-2017 14:59)davidbrady Wrote:  Hi Paul,

I don't know much about the 8V92 but I think you're describing a catch can for the air inbox slobber tubes. Does it look like the drawing in the attached pdf? If so, then drain the catch can, check the oil, and get some miles on that beast. These engines like to be used and under load. As you probably know, the 8v92 is a two-cycle engine. As such, there's always a little blow by that accumulates in the intake runners and settles in the air boxes. Slobber tubes run from the air boxes to ground. The catch can is an effort to keep your 8V from marking its territory.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Hello David,

Yes, this is certainly the device I described and mine is mounted exactly where the diagram has it positioned for installation. What has me concerned is why I have never noticed it dripping this much before. Perhaps it has been accumulating and finally decided to take a leak? I'm just hoping it is not an indication of a seal gone bad somewhere in the blower.

Tried to attach a .jpg image in the original message, but it would not load. Perhaps there is a file size limit? Thank you for the welcome and information. Hope I can provide some input in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is this cylinder and what does it do? - paulfedex - 05-16-2017 19:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)