Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear New PrevostGurus Members
06-28-2017, 19:24 (This post was last modified: 06-28-2017 20:42 by davidbrady.)
RE: Dear New PrevostGurus Members
Hi Mike,

I personally think the brush, or similar, is critical to the correct functioning of the cruisairs. It behaves just like the shrouding around our DD S60 radiators. It reduces hot air recirculation over our cruisair condensers. My cruisairs draw cooler air in through the louvered basement side door and exhaust it out the bottom of the bus through large 90 deg rubber vents also designed to direct hot air away from the condenser inlets. You can't push hot air straight out the bottom of the bus and expect to draw cool air in 2' away! I think the lack of having an air flow barrier has given cruisairs a bad rap. It also probably helps in keeping dust down and in reducing highway turbulence and the resulting grime buildup on the sides of the bus, but the big deal for me is well functioning cruisairs.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2017, 14:29
I see... and they do give a "complete" look to the sides as well.

It doesn't really matter - now does it?Cool
08-07-2017, 11:45 (This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 12:05 by Jtaylor41.)
RE: Dear New PrevostGurus Members - Response
(05-11-2017 17:53)davidbrady Wrote:  Hello David,

Thank you for your welcome letter.

Since registering our beautiful Prevost has only left the yard one time for a too short time away. During our stay, it was evident that we have so much too learn. One of the most serious (and I am sure basic) problems we had, was that we were unable to figure out why the gas supply was not connecting and working our stove and other propane operated items.

We are now preparing for Maiden voyage #2, and have had our nose in the books when I realized we are missing an excellent reference source by not opening the question to the forum. There are many more questions, but we are trying to prioritize, so we don't get hung up on our vast lack of knowledge and miss yet another vacation, (which happened when we first got the bus and were unable to figure things out. Sad

Looking forward to responses!

John and Nancy Taylor
St. Augustine, FL

Hi,

I've seen a few fresh registrations recently. I'd like to welcome you to Prevost Gurus! Don't be bashful. Feel free to introduce yourself and join in on any discussion. We're eager to lend a hand to anyone interested in Prevost conversions. Some of you may already have a bus, some may be in the process of purchasing a bus, others may simply be curious about the Prevost busing lifestyle. Whatever your interest, we're glad to have you and eager to help. Ask away! Smile

EDIT: Subject line spelling.

If anyone can help us figure this out, we will be most grateful. We are new Prevost owners of a 1988 Country Coach. Our first and only trip was a disappointment, as there were things we neglected to test before leaving.

I could neither get the gas stove (or the electronic Microwave) to work, or the gas grill in the compartment of the Coach! Needless to say, we were forced to eat out, which defeats the purpose of camping!

Surely, this is something basic we are missing, and have so many manuals, that we have had our nose in them and come up with nothing. We are hoping to leave on a trip tomorrow, and so hoping someone can help us solve this problem.

TIA
08-07-2017, 16:09 (This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 16:21 by cmillsap.)
(08-07-2017 11:45)Jtaylor41 Wrote:  
(05-11-2017 17:53)davidbrady Wrote:  Hello David,

Thank you for your welcome letter.

Since registering our beautiful Prevost has only left the yard one time for a too short time away. During our stay, it was evident that we have so much too learn. One of the most serious (and I am sure basic) problems we had, was that we were unable to figure out why the gas supply was not connecting and working our stove and other propane operated items.

We are now preparing for Maiden voyage #2, and have had our nose in the books when I realized we are missing an excellent reference source by not opening the question to the forum. There are many more questions, but we are trying to prioritize, so we don't get hung up on our vast lack of knowledge and miss yet another vacation, (which happened when we first got the bus and were unable to figure things out. Sad

Looking forward to responses!

John and Nancy Taylor
St. Augustine, FL

Hi,

I've seen a few fresh registrations recently. I'd like to welcome you to Prevost Gurus! Don't be bashful. Feel free to introduce yourself and join in on any discussion. We're eager to lend a hand to anyone interested in Prevost conversions. Some of you may already have a bus, some may be in the process of purchasing a bus, others may simply be curious about the Prevost busing lifestyle. Whatever your interest, we're glad to have you and eager to help. Ask away! Smile

EDIT: Subject line spelling.

If anyone can help us figure this out, we will be most grateful. We are new Prevost owners of a 1988 Country Coach. Our first and only trip was a disappointment, as there were things we neglected to test before leaving.

I could neither get the gas stove (or the electronic Microwave) to work, or the gas grill in the compartment of the Coach! Needless to say, we were forced to eat out, which defeats the purpose of camping!

Surely, this is something basic we are missing, and have so many manuals, that we have had our nose in them and come up with nothing. We are hoping to leave on a trip tomorrow, and so hoping someone can help us solve this problem.

TIA

Hello John & Nancy,

First, let me say that I know little about a Country Coach conversion but the items you mentioned are commonly used on many conversions.

1) Check that you do have propane in the tank. There should be a meter(gage) near the tank that displays the level of gas in the tank.

2) There should be a valve near the tank that opens to allow gas to the appliances. That valve may be controlled by a leak detector usually located on the kick plate under the kitchen cabinet if your coach has one. Check if there is power to that detector. Sometimes they need to be reset by pushing the button on front of the detector. Also check in the 120V main electrical panel to see if all needed circuit breakers are on. There may also be a 12V breaker off or a blown fuse located in a 12V electrical panel.

3) Regarding the microwave, it may not have power to it due to one of those 120V circuit breakers being off. Usually the microwave is just plugged into a 120V outlet behind the microwave. Checking that 120V outlet to see if it has power (or not) will eliminate a broken microwave oven as the cause.

Check back frequently as David or some other member may know more about your issues than I do.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
[-] The following 1 user Likes cmillsap's post:
Jtaylor41 (08-08-2017)
08-08-2017, 12:39
Thank you, Chuck for what could be some very valuable information. There is a full tank of propane, and we are aware of the valve. The leak detector seems to be above the refrigerator cabinet, so we will pursue a reset button and check breakers as well as fuse and hope something works soon.

I will also have John test the 120V plug behind the microwave, which I think he said he put a tester on it.

At any rate, we will keep trying and appreciate your reply.
08-09-2017, 08:07
there maybe a switch in the galley that says lp that needs to be on.

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
08-09-2017, 10:54 (This post was last modified: 08-09-2017 10:55 by Jtaylor41.)
(08-09-2017 08:07)ERNIEE Wrote:  there maybe a switch in the galley that says lp that needs to be on.

Ernie,

thank you and you are absolutely right. We were on our knees looking under the cabinetry, and lo and behold, it was actually on the opposite side of the galley, hiding under the refrigerator. Wow! So happy to get that one resolved. Now for the Carousel Sharp II. Gonna tackle that next. Maybe on the next trip, meanwhile, wheels down today hopefully.

Have a wonderful day.
08-09-2017, 19:24
glad I could help. On my previous coach- Wanderlodge, there was a switch in the drop down cabinet under the sink

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)