Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you level your coach?
04-23-2017, 11:52
RE: How do you level your coach?
Thanks Chuck,

You and I think the same. I too only park in areas which are basically level. I did the same with my LXi, even though the LXi, with it's shorter wheelbase and HWH hydraulic jacks could cope with greater slopes. If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds like Prevost wants you to extend and retract the slides when the bus is at ride height (level-low in drive). With the slides extended, then you use level-low to level the bus. Correct? That approach also works with the Vantare slides. There's no requirement to first level the coach before working the slides on the Vantare. IOWs there's no lockout like there is with the LXi. The Vantare slideout motors are powered by the chassis batteries so it's always good to have the engine running for maximum voltage but its not required. With no air seal the slide actuation is super simple. I pull in, apply neutral and set the emergency brake and turn the knob to "out". There's an led that turns red when cycling the slides and turns green when the operation is complete. Operation completes by engaging the locking pins and raising or lowering the exterior skirts which hide the rams.

BTW, it is possible to work out the air leaks. My coach will stay aired up for months.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you level your coach? - davidbrady - 04-23-2017 11:52

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)