Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hector's Prevost Air Suspension Presentation
05-08-2019, 14:34
RE: Hector's Prevost Air Suspension Presentation
Thanks Dave, good to know. The good news is there is Prevost service center 20 miles from where I store the bus in Newark, CA.

Jerry Kocher
1998 Prevost 40XL Vantare
1987 PT38 (8V92) "The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2019, 09:13
Jerry, Wait till you dig into all the online and printed info on your coach . Unlike the BB everything is listed and available . What a relief to be able to know where everything is . For the first time in coach ownership I now have the ability to be proactive in maintenance . Like me I'm sure you will find more than 1 option to work on your coach if need be . Being we both share the same year, and converter feel free to email or call me with any questions cause I may just have the answer .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
05-09-2019, 14:33
(05-09-2019 09:13)cubeman Wrote:  Jerry, Wait till you dig into all the online and printed info on your coach . Unlike the BB everything is listed and available . What a relief to be able to know where everything is . For the first time in coach ownership I now have the ability to be proactive in maintenance . Like me I'm sure you will find more than 1 option to work on your coach if need be . Being we both share the same year, and converter feel free to email or call me with any questions cause I may just have the answer .

Thanks Al.... Since we have the same year and converter, I have actually been following all your post for some time now and been learning a lot........

Jerry Kocher
1998 Prevost 40XL Vantare
1987 PT38 (8V92) "The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA
05-09-2019, 17:49
Those will be the big things Jerry for sure , but many small issues I have been working on alone , lol I do not have a 100% perfect Accessory air system and have been trying to figure out how it flows . As soon as I make some headway I will start a thread on it . In short I want to be able to keep the air bags under the Genny filled with air without running the compressor . I think I will need to remove the Genny to do this so that will need to wait till the fall I think . Be sure to post any new finds as I know I could use the help Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
05-09-2019, 20:55 (This post was last modified: 05-09-2019 22:37 by travelite.)
Al, In 2006 Vantare changed the generator air bag set up. They removed the regulators that you use to adjust the air pressure in exchange for simple open/close valves. They also added gauges and Schrader valves so air could be added from an external source.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
05-10-2019, 08:47
David, If you have a drawing on that I would do it to ours . I want to isolate the Genny from all other air systems . Yesterday I replaced the check valve and the bags dropped after 45 min . Now I think one of the rear bags is leaking and the only way to get to it would be to pull the Genny out .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
08-28-2019, 23:20
Hello,
Would someone explain to me what the two control valves are that come after the HCV on the front axel and before the air springs.

Thanks,
Andy
01-22-2020, 03:10
David Brady, Thank you for Hector's Air System presentation. I just joined this evening and I've already learned what may be the reason(s) that my '87 Prevost Le Mirage 40XL Liberty is flat on the ground (in my barn yard, thankfully.) My hearing is not so good, the stethoscope/funnel may work but I may have to buy an air-leak probe.I will trace it out. Thank you again. I am really enjoying and learning from all the members' posts. Smile
01-23-2020, 12:54
Welcome to the group Brian. Yes, Hector's presentation is excellent. You have a classic bus there; love to see some pics.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)