Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1988 Prevost on Ebay (Liberty)
11-02-2014, 20:53
1988 Prevost on Ebay (Liberty)
Interesting to see what Liberty used to build. I'm glad to see they attempted to add strength back into the chassis for their slide installation.

Ebay item number: 221591415337

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2014, 12:18
RE: 1988 Prevost on Ebay (Liberty)
I have to wonder if this is really a Liberty. It makes no sense to have a single slide on the curb side. Curb side is for outdoor enjoyment and cover under a large awning. Yep, quad slides are obviously on the curb side, but what choice do you have when indoor living space trumps outdoor space? This is the only single slide coach I've seen from and manufacturer or converter that put the slide on the curb side. I'm sure there must have been others, but they must be rare.
Find all posts by this user
11-10-2014, 13:21 (This post was last modified: 11-10-2014 13:23 by travelite.)
RE: 1988 Prevost on Ebay (Liberty)
Hi CC_Guy,

The curbside slide is very peculiar. They must've had a good reason for doing it perhaps dictated by XL structural peculiarities or other Prevost layout issues like wiring harness, air system layout, etc. IOW's, easier to put the slide on the wrong side then to move a lot of Prevost factory stuff. It looks like a Liberty to me - at least I seem to recall Liberty using that vertically striped (fluted, or whatever you want to call it) cabinetry veneer in their early coaches. It's definitely a quality conversion as opposed to homebrew. In any case, it looks like it sold at $55.2K; I think the seller did very well! Thanks for you comments!

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)