Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum Features
03-24-2017, 13:44 (This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 23:10 by travelite.)
New Forum Features
Folks,

I installed a new frontend to http://www.prevostgurus.com. I minimally configured it. I thought I'd rather get something up quickly and get feedback from you, then spend a lot of time perfecting something that you find of no use. So have a peek. It's bare bones but the sky's the limit. I etched out a few broad categories that we can either delete, expand on, or add to. So far I have: Coaches for Sale, News, Library, Links, Contact Us, and Forums. If you think it's useful let me know. If you think it's crap and it gets in the way, let me know too! If there's forum behavior that you once liked and now miss, let me know and I'll try to restore it. BTW, if things are behaving strangely clear your browser cache.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2017, 22:47 (This post was last modified: 03-24-2017 23:37 by travelite.)
RE: New Forum Features
Moving on to plan B. Chuck and I have decided to restore our forum centric view of the world with http://www.prevostgurus.com pointing to the forum's index page. New pages will appear under the header logo in the area known as the TopLinks. You'll see the standard toplinks: Help, Calender, Members, Search, and so on. The idea is to add to these using our newly installed page manager. I added "Coaches for Sale" and "Coach Maintenance". These names are bound to change as we refine this new approach and we'll undoubtedly add more. If you have ideas or requests we're all ears! Again, I think it's useful to present something quickly so we can get fast feedback. Smile

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
03-25-2017, 23:11 (This post was last modified: 03-25-2017 23:12 by travelite.)
Hit the TopLink menu choices, bask in the glow of the drop down menus! Okay, I'm a geek. I confess. Smile

david brady,

03-26-2017, 01:06
(03-25-2017 23:11)travelite Wrote:  Hit the TopLink menu choices, bask in the glow of the drop down menus! Okay, I'm a geek. I confess. Smile

David
Great job SmileHeart
Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hisham Amaral's post:
travelite (03-26-2017)
03-26-2017, 09:45
ok, I'm not a geek, but nothing drops down for me

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
03-26-2017, 10:51 (This post was last modified: 03-26-2017 12:55 by travelite.)
Ernie,

What browser are you using? I tried it on IE, Chrome, Pale Moon, Firefox, and Safari and it works. It's a little old-school Ernie; you gotta click on a top link to get the drop down menu. My next step is to have it drop down when you hover over a link.

As always with weird internet behavior, the first step is to clear you browser cache. Do a CTRL+F5, (hold the control key down and simultaneously press F5), this will force the browser to refresh its cache data from the server.

(03-26-2017 01:06)Hisham Amaral Wrote:  
(03-25-2017 23:11)travelite Wrote:  Hit the TopLink menu choices, bask in the glow of the drop down menus! Okay, I'm a geek. I confess. Smile

David
Great job SmileHeart

Thanks Hish, it certainly gives us a way to pack a lot of quickly accessible information into the forum's front page.

david brady,

03-27-2017, 07:38
Thank you, David- never played with any of those other keys

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty XL Classic
4 Wanderlodges- sold
03-27-2017, 19:28 (This post was last modified: 03-27-2017 19:33 by davidbrady.)
If anyone can't see the drop down menus when you click the top links you may have javascript disabled. The easiest thing to do is to google "how to enable javascript" for your browser of choice. Here's a set of instructions for the leading browsers. If anyone needs help let me know. This is what you should see:

─░mage

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)