Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine cool down
03-11-2017, 20:10
RE: Engine cool down
David and all:

Thanks for the tips on cool down. Always concious of wanting to cool the turbo, and block down after driving for long periods.

For an update on my coach that David inquired about:

I had my Wanderlodge from 2003 to Early 2016. We decided to go with a prevost due to lack of service facilities for the Wanderlodge.
I had service done at Parliment several times, but was a 5 hour drive one way to get service and had to show up during week. That meant taking off work to get to Tamps, and locally the truck shops do not know how to service that type of RV.

We shopped at Parliment, Liberty, and Marathon here in Florida, and of course looked at Vantare units too. We found a non slide unit that was at Liberty in Stuart, Florida. We are the third owners of the unit and all the prior owners did a great job of taking care of the unit. They had a folder of all the service that was done on the coach, and always at a Prevost service center. Since service was an issue for us prior, Liberty was a great choice for us as it is only a hour from us. We can leave the unit for service on my time, and they service it. Then can pick it up on my time. I am still working so this allows me to leave it after their service hours, and pick it up too. Liberty basically "zero'd" the coach out for us except for the tires which were 2015 codes.

We got the coach in Sept of 2016. We have done a lot of short trips in the state, but none out of state till next month. Love having the OTR AC for here in the south. I always had to run the gennie on the Bluebird to keep it cool. Now with the Prevost, I run pole to pole mostly as it is an all electric unit. This takes a little getting used to when I always had a propane refer. I have to find reasons now to run the gennie just to exercise it.

The unit has double front couches, which were made by Villa furniture for Liberty. They are not functional as sleeping quarters. I am currently having Villa make 2 new couches for the front. One will be a jackknife couch, and the other just single couch with removable back cushions to make twin bed. They have to be custom made as Liberty has put some heater exchangers, DVD, and the Bose system under both couches. And of course the wire chases/AC that run on the sides had to be accomadated. Once the couches come in from California, then I will be taking the coach to Liberty to get the front carpet removed, wood floor placed, and new couches installed. This is about 3 months out as Villa is backed up with custom orders.

Thanks for reading about my new "mania" as my wife calls it. I did not think the ride could be any better than a Bluebird, but man do I love to drive that Prevost. It is too quiet almost??

William and Susan Jensen
2001 Liberty XLII 45, non slide.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Engine cool down - Maudi2001 - 03-11-2017, 00:46
RE: Engine cool down - Hisham Amaral - 03-11-2017, 11:50
RE: Engine cool down - davidbrady - 03-11-2017, 12:05
RE: Engine cool down - Maudi2001 - 03-11-2017 20:10
RE: Engine cool down - Hisham Amaral - 03-11-2017, 14:59
RE: Engine cool down - davidbrady - 03-12-2017, 12:57
RE: Engine cool down - Maudi2001 - 03-12-2017, 20:33
RE: Engine cool down - ERNIEE - 03-13-2017, 08:27
RE: Engine cool down - davidbrady - 03-13-2017, 15:33

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)