Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifeline alternative: Odyssey PC1800-FT
03-04-2017, 18:58
RE: Lifeline alternative: Odyssey PC1800-FT
(03-04-2017 12:02)davidbrady Wrote:  Thanks for the website Chuck, that's a good price. I requested a quote.

Hish, I bought new tires in Coburg but not new batteries. I'm running Power-Tec 8A4D's (a Deka clone manufactured by East Penn) installed by Bruce Coach before I bought the bus.

I'm really not interested in a battery unless they publish an "internal resistance" number. The internal resistance is what dictates the charging rate, the heat generated within the battery, and ultimately the battery's life span. For instance, I've searched high and low but I can't find an internal resistance spec for the Deka Intimidator 8A4D. The Vantare puts extra stress on the AGM battery bank because it doesn't have a separate generator start battery, so after the AGM bank is depleted I still need enough reserve to start the generator. (I know, the simple solution is to add a genny battery and charger)! Smile

David
Check with Bob Giffen his batteries in his 2000 LX are still factory batteries original never been replaced. He use battery maintainer on each battery.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lifeline alternative: Odyssey PC1800-FT - Hisham Amaral - 03-04-2017 18:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)