Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tankless water heater
02-18-2017, 11:54
Tankless water heater
I will be removing my tankless 220 volt 55 amp water heater, I will also remove all of the wires that connects it to the generator output as the unit requires 55 amp. Did anyone do this on there coach before.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2017, 14:12 (This post was last modified: 02-18-2017 14:14 by davidbrady.)
RE: Tankless water heater
Hi Hish,

I got rid of my instahot too. (Does anyone really drink the water out of their domestic water tanks)! When Donny did my shower I also had him replace all the fixtures throughout the bus. You can see in the attached pic how the new galley fixture valve fit perfectly into the hole left by the instahot:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-18-2017, 14:45 (This post was last modified: 02-18-2017 15:46 by Hisham Amaral.)
David
I replaced my $800.00 Liberty faucet unit in the kitchen and installed a $200.00 Home depot unit. don't have pics but next time we are at the coach will add the pics to my post.
02-18-2017, 21:03 (This post was last modified: 02-18-2017 21:09 by cmillsap.)
My Insta-Hot is 120V. I just keep it unplugged and don't ever use it.

Drinking water from your fresh water tank can be hazardous to your health. It's important to sanitize the tank occasionally and use good filters on the incoming water supply. Flushing the fresh water tank before leaving home helps to keep the tank water more safe to drink. Also an independent drinking water system such as the Franke system equipped with a good low micron charcoal filter helps to provide drinkable water from the fresh water tank.

Even the water supplied by some CGs could be not fit to drink, especially if it's being drawn from a well. Egads, if you have camped at a CG in Flint, MI, you may have filled your tank with lead contaminated water!

So, drinking bottled water reduces these risks although some bottled water has been found to be less than pure. But it's a PIA keeping enough bottled water on board to provide all your drinking water needs. David and his family could probably go through a case of bottled water daily...

Regarding the replacement of the OEM faucets, many converters such as Marathon installed gold (color) plated fixtures in their coaches. Try finding one of those at Home Depot!. If you need a single new faucet to match the others, you're pretty much stuck on paying a high price for it.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-18-2017, 23:44
Chuck
The electric water heater I am talking about is the one in my water bay and used to heat the water for the shower and such. You must fire up the generator to use it.
The facet I replaced was leaking all around the base and the company that made said they require a month for a replacement part. That is the reason I went to Home Depot. Sue would never drink from the facet in the coach we never use the ice or water from the refrigerator either. We always use bottle water to drink and make cofee.
We never camped in Flint MI. Thanks for head up about Flint water.
02-19-2017, 00:29
(02-18-2017 23:44)Hisham Amaral Wrote:  Chuck
The electric water heater I am talking about is the one in my water bay and used to heat the water for the shower and such. You must fire up the generator to use it.
The facet I replaced was leaking all around the base and the company that made said they require a month for a replacement part. That is the reason I went to Home Depot. Sue would never drink from the facet in the coach we never use the ice or water from the refrigerator either. We always use bottle water to drink and make cofee.
We never camped in Flint MI. Thanks for head up about Flint water.

Hish, is this an extra 240v heater which the previous owner installed and is used to heat the coach water while dry camping and using the generator?

You do still have the regular 120v water heaters to provide hot water to the coach, don't you?

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-19-2017, 10:45
Chuck
Yes it is the additional 240 v water heater the PO installed to heat the coach water. Works off the generator power only.
I have another 120 v water heater for the coach water in the water bay.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)