Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
08-05-2020, 15:55 (This post was last modified: 08-05-2020 20:46 by davidbrady.)
RE: Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
Hi Ronsine,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for the compliment. The RMS line voltages and frequencies are read from the 32KB EPROM; i.e., the EPROM at the center of the control board. My SW4024 powerboard uses On Semiconductor MOSFETs part number: HUF75345P. May I ask what FETs your inverters are running? 200A continuous with intermittent peaks to 400A is easily achievable with this board in an SW4024 chassis. Your 2612 has a continuous power of 2600VA which gives you a DC amperage of around 200A; my powerboard should be fine in this application. I think the 300A spec is for 11.8V, 85% efficiency, and 125% NEC CB, which is very intermittent if occurring at all. I suspect Trace used the same Powerboard in many applications, with possible minor tweaks to the driver cards. I find one of the beauties of the Trace SW series design to be the abundant thermal headroom; i.e., Trace SWs run cool, as compared to high frequency inverters, which allows the Trace to monitor temperatures closely and apply excess power generously. I think toroids would be a great solution. I haven't yet spent anytime analyzing the magnetics. If you want to pick up on that task that'd be a great help.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board - davidbrady - 08-05-2020 15:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)