Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
10-13-2019, 18:20 (This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 19:24 by davidbrady.)
RE: Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
Thanks Hish. I always appreciate your input. I've been hammering on the power board this weekend. I've run it at a steady 4KW output and then added in my difficult-to-start bench grinder. The large inductive startup load increases the Trace output to 6KW for a full 7 seconds, which then tapers down to 4KW as the grinder RPMs ramp up. I've also run the inverter with a steady 42 Amps of load for a power output of 5KW. Surprisingly the 35A Trace output circuit breaker doesn't trip. I've cycled it many times between inverting and charging pulling as much as 250A sustained out of the batteries to power an output of 6KW. The beauty of this inverter design is the thermal headroom it has. With nominal loads it runs cool which means it has lots of heat capacity to surge to 6KW and above when needed and to even run sustained at 5KW for reasonable durations. Today's high frequency switching inverters can't match this. I only wish Chuck were here to offer his guidance. I miss him for many reasons, one of them being the frequent conversations we had over this project. Thanks for your support!

Here's some pics of what the board looks like when I receive it from Rhudney in Milpitas Ca, followed by a fully outfitted board with all the crimped on terminals:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board - davidbrady - 10-13-2019 18:20

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)