Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
08-16-2019, 14:16
RE: Replacement Trace SW FET Power Board
Looks great. Boy there are a lot of wires.

Jerry Kocher
1998 Prevost 40XL Vantare
1987 PT38 (8V92) "The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2019, 10:25
I'm traveling now so I don't have pictures available, but Rhudney at Ayala Materials came thru with an initial build of 5 power boards. They are full power 4 oz copper PCB's, fully assembled with copper busbars, and ready to put into service. The quality of the build is outstanding! I'll post pics and other details as soon as I can. Thanks everyone for your help.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
09-25-2019, 08:30
This is great news David and should help us to keep the 4024 s around for a while longer .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
10-11-2019, 16:51

david brady,

10-13-2019, 12:13
David
That is real engineering work, actually testing the product and confirming the results. That looks OUTSTANDING!!!!!.
10-13-2019, 18:20 (This post was last modified: 10-13-2019 19:24 by davidbrady.)
Thanks Hish. I always appreciate your input. I've been hammering on the power board this weekend. I've run it at a steady 4KW output and then added in my difficult-to-start bench grinder. The large inductive startup load increases the Trace output to 6KW for a full 7 seconds, which then tapers down to 4KW as the grinder RPMs ramp up. I've also run the inverter with a steady 42 Amps of load for a power output of 5KW. Surprisingly the 35A Trace output circuit breaker doesn't trip. I've cycled it many times between inverting and charging pulling as much as 250A sustained out of the batteries to power an output of 6KW. The beauty of this inverter design is the thermal headroom it has. With nominal loads it runs cool which means it has lots of heat capacity to surge to 6KW and above when needed and to even run sustained at 5KW for reasonable durations. Today's high frequency switching inverters can't match this. I only wish Chuck were here to offer his guidance. I miss him for many reasons, one of them being the frequent conversations we had over this project. Thanks for your support!

Here's some pics of what the board looks like when I receive it from Rhudney in Milpitas Ca, followed by a fully outfitted board with all the crimped on terminals:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)
İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,

10-13-2019, 22:11 (This post was last modified: 10-14-2019 11:35 by Hisham Amaral.)
Any time David I know you are doing the best possible job, with no questions in my mind.
I also think that if chuck was around he would lend support and input. Every now and then I pickup my cell phone to call him. I miss his many ideas and inputs on our house improvements project.
Call me you when have the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hisham Amaral's post:
travelite (10-14-2019)
10-20-2019, 00:30 (This post was last modified: 10-20-2019 00:30 by prodriver.)
Looks great, can't wait to get one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes prodriver's post:
davidbrady (10-20-2019)
10-20-2019, 21:51 (This post was last modified: 10-20-2019 23:13 by davidbrady.)
(10-20-2019 00:30)prodriver Wrote:  Looks great, can't wait to get one.

Thanks prodriver. I appreciate your support. It's looking really good. I've been examining current and voltage waveforms under load and they look as good if not better than the original. Better because my capacitors are current day state-of-the-art and fresh. Yesterday I blew a 250A slow blo fuse protecting my 24V battery bank; that's how much power I've been drawing through this new power board - over 6 kilowatts! I should be ready to provide boards in a week or so.

david brady,

11-05-2019, 16:55 (This post was last modified: 11-05-2019 17:06 by davidbrady.)
My first full production power board is complete and it's on its way to Donnie Myers at DMRV Luxury Coach in Sanford Florida. After Donnie puts his stamp of approval on it I'll make them generally available thru my new company, Cane Creek Inverters. Thanks everyone for you encouragement and support throughout this process. My next endeavor is creating a control board with custom software, after that an entire inverter.
İmage İmage

david brady,

[-] The following 1 user Likes davidbrady's post:
Robert Britton (11-07-2019)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)