Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Four Trace SW4024 Inverters in a Vantare
12-17-2016, 13:35 (This post was last modified: 12-17-2016 13:37 by davidbrady.)
Four Trace SW4024 Inverters in a Vantare
Folks,

I picked up a few Xantrex SW4024MC2 inverters on ebay. I'm now equipped to handle coach inverter replacements when necessary and to stage my workshop with a workbench test inverter. I'm working on integrating Trace meter readouts and Trace configuration into my openHAB control environment. I'm thinking that it'd be neat to have four inverters in my Vantare. I'd have two parallelized pairs. Each would drive one 120VAC leg. I'd like to eliminate the need to prune loads when switching power sources. With four inverters I'd have 16KW of inverter power, just shy of my generator's 17.5KW and well above pole power, and I'd potentially have 480 amps of charging capacity for future Li-Ion batteries. It'd be very cool to pull into a campground, power off the generator, let the four inverters pickup, and then plug into shore power, all seamlessly and without pruning loads. Those four running cruisairs wouldn't know the difference. It'd also be very cool to charge a Li-Ion battery bank at a rate closer to the technology than to the technology of AGMs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Four Trace SW4024 Inverters in a Vantare - davidbrady - 12-17-2016 13:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)