Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vantare Remote Control
12-06-2016, 12:17
RE: Vantare Remote Control
Hi Sky,

Glad your enjoying my foray into handheld and remote control. I'll keep updating this blog with my progress. I've seen pics of Vantare model year 2000 (chassis year 1999) with the manual circuit breakers and pics of model year 2001's with the motorized circuit breakers, so the change took place somewhere between 2000 and 2001. I don't know for sure when, but a quick call to Donny Myers at DMRV will certainly answer that question. The Square D Powerlink AS is very reliable. The motorized circuit breakers are rated for 200,000+ motorized switching cycles. It's a really well thought out system. Kudos to Square D, now Schneider. Schneider has since moved to the Powerlink G3. I ordered a G3 circuit breaker to see if it's compatible with my system. As soon as I receive it I'll post my findings. Given the number of times that we motorcoach users switch our breakers I'd expect a very long lifetime from the Powerlink AS stuff. Unlike a solid state 120VAC relay system, mechanical switching provides latching and requires no power once the the transition has taken place. SSR's require constant power whether on or off and they require energized external circuitry and a non-volatile memory to restore state upon power interruption (shore, inverter, and generator). Plus the motorized CB's are an extremely good use of space. There's a lot of smarts contained into a very small panelboard package. If I were doing this from scratch I'd again go with motorized breakers over an external contactor or SSR solution.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Vantare Remote Control - davidbrady - 12-03-2016, 14:53
RE: Vantare Remote Control - davidbrady - 12-06-2016 12:17

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)