Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H3 Body Panel Leak
10-29-2014, 10:22 (This post was last modified: 11-30-2014 15:37 by travelite.)
H3 Body Panel Leak
I don't think the H3 has the same issues that the XLII does with panel separation, but then again I'm new to H ownership. From what I can tell the H panels are clipped, bolted, and riveted on, unlike the XLII panels which have no mechanical support. Also the H panels are shingle like in that the upper panels greatly overlap a flange at the top of the lower panels. So I don't think the H3 factory Prevost panels have the same issues as the XLII, but they can have converter specific issues. I had a water leak coming into my 5th basement bay drivers side that turned out to be a loose panel beneath the bedroom slide. Turns out Vantare took the original prevost panel and cut a foot or so off the top edge to fit the bedroom slide. This caused two things. First they lost the shingle-like flange overlap, and second, they lost a recessed groove at the top of the panel for the adhesive to reside; all prevost panels on the H3 have an extruded groove around the perimeter that's meant to hold adhesive. Without the groove the adhesive tends to get forced out into a very thin layer when laying the panel. I had the panel, which is about 12' long by 18" tall, removed and reattached by Prevost with 100% success. So, with my limited experience I'd say if there are leaks in an H3 they're more likely to be converter specific or caused by converter modifications.

İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage İmage

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)