Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genny starter access
07-25-2019, 10:33
Genny starter access
In my search I'm focusing on 97-2000 XLV and I've noticed that most generators are positioned for access to dip stick, and filters. However the starter is typically on the other side (inboard). How would you change the starter or clean battery connections - IF it's not on a slide?

Does this require the whole generator to be lifted out? Is there enough room to get behind it?

I've noticed a few that have the generator mounted transversely on a slide. That would seem to be a highly desirable configuration - unless there's some other aspect that I'm missing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2019, 12:28
RE: Genny starter access
I think with any coach there will be some repairs that are easier than others. On ours the only way to replace the rear air bags on the genny is to remove the genny . A lot of work for such a small repair . So I guess it is best to replace anything else back there while it is out .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
08-12-2019, 15:31
RE: Genny starter access
I was also wondering why some converters install the generator on a slide and some don't. Mine is not on a slide. It is installed in a sound proof box. It appears that the generators that are on a slide are mounted directly to the bottom of the bay with sound proofing material lining the bay. I am curious if the generators that are installed in the box are quieter? I think a slide would be very beneficial when it comes to repairs.

Jerry Kocher
1998 Prevost 40XL Vantare
1987 PT38 (8V92) "The Wayward Bird"
San Francisco, CA

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)