Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keypad Lock/Unlock Reset Ignition Key Circuitry
04-09-2016, 14:30 (This post was last modified: 04-09-2016 14:31 by davidbrady.)
Keypad Lock/Unlock Reset Ignition Key Circuitry
Good info to know:

"As we are getting ready to return to Houston last Sunday in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, I sit down to start the coach and pull in the slide outs and after turning the key - nothing - absolutely nothing. The dash has no idot lights or sounds at all. My bride who is upset with me for leaving Houston in the first place gets the "I ready to send you and the bus together off a cliff" look on her face. I know that if I cannot pull the proverbial rabbit out of the hat and get the bus started and on the way to Houston post haste there will be hell to pay. I immediately call my friend who works for Prevost. He says to try starting from the rear - still nothing. He suggests a call to the regional Prevost service rep. I call the rep and pull out the mutli-meter and start checking batteries. Then the rep says to go inside, take the keys out of the ignition and then go outside and lock and unlock the entry door using the key pad. BINGO we are in business. The day before I gone out early and locked the door using the key pad. Later that morining, my bride unlocks the door from the inside to let the WonderBeagle out. The bus security system thinks that it is being attacked and shuts down the ignition. The reset is to lock and unlock the bus using the key pad. I am sure that others have experienced this, but I thought I would add my experience in case others haven't". (posted by Loc on POG back in 2008).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2017, 00:01
RE: Keypad Lock/Unlock Reset Ignition Key Circuitry
Yep, good to know. Too bad there is no idiot light to give you some indication of "improper operation". Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)