Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XL Entry Door locks and latch modifications
01-26-2020, 04:18 (This post was last modified: 01-27-2020 04:17 by Brian D.)
XL Entry Door locks and latch modifications
My '87 Prevost 40XL LeMirage Liberty is just old enough that replacement entry door manual latch parts are not available from Prevost or any of the salvage yards I have contacted. One yard thinks that Eagle used the same parts but that has also been nothing found. Prevost has provided me with XLll modification parts which will require modification of the interior of the door. Anyone have experience with this modification? I will appreciate photos or any support including experience with service centers or independents that have done these modifications. I am in the foothills of the Cascades about 55 miles from Seattle. Thank you all for any knowledge and support. Tongue[attachment=627] İmage İmage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2020, 20:41
RE: XL Entry Door locks and latch modifications
Brian , I do not have pictures to post nor was the repair on a Prevost . But these are pretty much all the same . I plan to rebuild mine and will not expect to need anything but some but connectors . You see the failure is due to the ends which are plastic drying out and cracking . So on the Blue Bird we removed the plastic on the but connector and squeezed it on each end of the rods . What this did was remove the slack from the plastic degrading over the years . Now I have not done this upgrade yet but plan to as I do not like the idea of being locked out of the coach . As you can tell from my write up I'm horrible at providing steps to assist , however I do plan to work on this when we return from a run up North in 2 weeks . If your still interested I will repost and either have David post the pics or email you them . It seems my computer will not accept phots from my phone . Maybe one day in the near future we can have a little rally in Ashville NC where we can do some show and tell . Good luck and thanks for the drawing .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)