Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XL 45 overhang
07-23-2019, 07:18
XL 45 overhang
Hi Guys,
Upgrading from a 95 Wanderlodge WB42, to a XL45. My concern is the rear overhang and will it scrape going up my driveway. My driveway has a fairly level entry and then a short transition to a slight incline. In my WL I have about two inches of clearance (rear bumper). Any sort of a drop hitch will drag.

I know a XL40 would probably be no problem - but would like not to be constrained to just the 40' chassis.

I've heard the XL is 5' longer from steer axle to drive axle. If that's true then it would seem that the XL may have a shorter overhang. Visually I don't see it - but maybe it is. Also, what about ride height. I've heard the Prevost chassis has the ability to 'raise' the chassis 4" - 6" to assist with these situations? Is that true.

JHamby
WL 95 42
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2019, 07:55
RE: XL 45 overhang
the wheelbase is 5 feet longer, but the overhang is not as long as a wanderlodge. I did the same as you- had a 97 WLWB43 and went to a 45 Liberty
you can raise and drop the coach a bit. In your case, perhaps dropping the front will raise the rear

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
07-23-2019, 11:31
You can raise the Prevosts front and back airbags to left the coach significantly unlike the BB where there are no measures to do that. When you raise the airbags you cannot go faster than 5-6 miles.
07-23-2019, 23:20
Here's a drawing by Prevost showing approach and departure angles. http://www.prevostgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=1099

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
07-24-2019, 09:59
(07-23-2019 23:20)davidbrady Wrote:  Here's a drawing by Prevost showing approach and departure angles. http://www.prevostgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=1099

Thanks David. And I'm assuming these are the specs w/o using the additional lift capabilities that Hish mentioned?

--------------------------------
John Hamby
East TN
Looking for 97/98/99
--------------------------------
07-24-2019, 11:23
(07-24-2019 09:59)JHamby Wrote:  Thanks David. And I'm assuming these are the specs w/o using the additional lift capabilities that Hish mentioned?

That's right. Raising the suspension will give you additional clearance.

david brady,

08-11-2019, 12:23
Not sure if mentioned but the XL is a 3 point high low . You can raise the front, left and right . The rear will be the drive position .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
08-12-2019, 16:23
Al, If you press the "up" switch in "drive" level-low mode, the entire coach should raise. This gives you the ability to raise just the left, the right, the front, or the entire bus.

david brady,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)