Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dometic Freezer/Fridge in basement
06-11-2019, 13:46
Dometic Freezer/Fridge in basement
Who has experience with Dometic fridge/freezer units installed in the bay. Looking at either models CFX75DZW or CFX95DZW. Reading the feedback about their quality it pretty much is a hit and miss, but the customer service/replacement is good provided one calls the proper number. My question is the venting of the units inside the Prevost basement. Planned on putting it on the joey bed in forward bin. The bay doors are tightly sealed via rubber gaskets. How much heat output is there from the Dometic, do I risk burning up the unit when it overheats, or even worse will I risk a giant bus bonfire?
By the way, who has knowledge regarding causes of Prevost bus fires that I read about every now and then?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2019, 15:09
RE: Dometic Freezer/Fridge in basement
(06-11-2019 13:46)cattfuu Wrote:  Who has experience with Dometic fridge/freezer units installed in the bay. Looking at either models CFX75DZW or CFX95DZW. Reading the feedback about their quality it pretty much is a hit and miss, but the customer service/replacement is good provided one calls the proper number. My question is the venting of the units inside the Prevost basement. Planned on putting it on the joey bed in forward bin. The bay doors are tightly sealed via rubber gaskets. How much heat output is there from the Dometic, do I risk burning up the unit when it overheats, or even worse will I risk a giant bus bonfire?
By the way, who has knowledge regarding causes of Prevost bus fires that I read about every now and then?

The freezer will need access to fresh air and the bay ventilated to the outside to dump the hot air. Probably an opening in the floor for fresh air to enter and an exhaust fan in the floor to expel the hot air.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
06-24-2019, 20:43
RE: Dometic Freezer/Fridge in basement
Have had the Dometic fridge/freezer in my Joey bed for over a year both at home and in Florida. No issues with overheating, ventilation etc. the only caviat would be to not block the ventilation on the unit itself.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)