Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Awning
04-10-2019, 22:39
Lost Awning
Well today I paid the price for failing to lock my main awning . It started last Sat when a wind store was starting and while putting up the awning I lost the pull line . when it was time to leave , being in a hurry I couldn't lock her even after the both of us pulled on the supports .So I figured If we cant open her she should be fine . Well 3 days latter in a cross wind of about 25 mpr or so we here the bang , and guess what ? The wind did what we could not , opened her. I don't do the picture thing but I did send a few to David maybe he can post them .

Not being a Blue Bird , I did not have a ladder or goat rails to retrieve the awning so if your driving E on 40 in Oklahoma you will find the remains there . Actually we needed to pull off to remove the shield and gave it to a young couple doing some scrapping . We told them about the awning and its value so I think they did go and retrieve it .

Lesson learned the hard way 5k or so I think is what it will cost , ouch !!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-14-2019, 17:26
RE: Lost Awning
(04-10-2019 22:39)cubeman Wrote:  Well today I paid the price for failing to lock my main awning . It started last Sat when a wind store was starting and while putting up the awning I lost the pull line . when it was time to leave , being in a hurry I couldn't lock her even after the both of us pulled on the supports .So I figured If we cant open her she should be fine . Well 3 days latter in a cross wind of about 25 mpr or so we here the bang , and guess what ? The wind did what we could not , opened her. I don't do the picture thing but I did send a few to David maybe he can post them .

Not being a Blue Bird , I did not have a ladder or goat rails to retrieve the awning so if your driving E on 40 in Oklahoma you will find the remains there . Actually we needed to pull off to remove the shield and gave it to a young couple doing some scrapping . We told them about the awning and its value so I think they did go and retrieve it .

Lesson learned the hard way 5k or so I think is what it will cost , ouch !!

Sorry to hear that Al, ouch is right!

Jim Doel
2000 Liberty XL 40’
Perth, ON
04-20-2019, 21:16
RE: Lost Awning
Al, Happy to hear there's no paint damage.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)