Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dometic AC Multi Zone Replacements (Three Units)
04-05-2019, 22:53
Dometic AC Multi Zone Replacements (Three Units)
I am taking down 3 units and replacing them with the new Penguins. \

I am using a new thermostat.
https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-Digit...5D3C76YTFAYAH5

I noticed that it said you needed to order the Comfort Control CenterII multi zone kit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do I need one of these kits for each AC Unit.

I am assuming that I can use the existing RJ11 cables. It looks like they daisy chain from the thermostat to each unit.

Currently for each unit there is
1 12V pair of wires
115 V with Ground (White and black)
RJ11
A small remote sensore wire

I only have one of the Multi Zone kits, so my question is do I need to order 2 more of these? Or because I am using the new thermostat do I even need these. Hard to find info
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2019, 01:15
RE: Dometic AC Multi Zone Replacements (Three Units)
Was told by Gil in another forum that I would need one control box for each unit.
04-06-2019, 12:30 (This post was last modified: 04-06-2019 14:30 by davidbrady.)
Yes, one control kit per AC is required. As you know, one Console Control Center will manage multiple rooftops each having their own control kit and indoor temperature center and each connected by the 4 wire RJ11 cable.

BTW, it's fine to mention Prevost Owners Group (POG) or Prevost Community (PC), or anyone else on this forum. Gil's a good friend and we're all in this together, trying to keep these marvelous machines on the road and in good working order.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
04-14-2019, 10:37
Turns out the units I ordered already had the propert cards in them. Units work great. I am running the coach off of an welding extenstion cord. It would not run with all three of the older units running together. The three new units all work perfectly. They must draw less current than the older ones. Still a bit louder than I hoped for but cooling nicely

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)