Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8V92 Coach Purchase and Maintenance Prospects
03-26-2019, 18:12 (This post was last modified: 03-26-2019 18:39 by davidbrady.)
RE: 8V92 Coach Purchase and Maintenance Prospects
Hi FE,

Glad to see you made it past the spam filters and welcome to the forum. I upgraded you to a "Full Member" so that shouldn't be a problem again. I think your biggest obstacle is finding the right bus in the price range you're considering. I did a quick search on prevost-stuff, rvonline, rvtrader, and philcooper and I came up three 40' late 80's, early '90's Le Mirages on rvtrader. This is the bus most likely to fit your price target. Here's the one I like on rvtrader:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1994-Pr...5005250952

I think what you want to do is completely rational, just find the right low mileage, lovingly maintained coach and you probably won't break the bank with repairs and upgrades. The converter of the above listing is Royale - they do a great coach. It has all the goods including an Aquahot, I believe 24V inverters, and three roof airs. It's missing over-the-road air conditioning but this will save you money plus it frees up a ton of basement storage space. A bus like this will have more lifetime left in it than you're likely to ever consume.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes davidbrady's post:
fasteddie313 (03-28-2019)

Messages In This Thread
RE: 8V92 Coach Purchase and Maintenance Prospects - davidbrady - 03-26-2019 18:12

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)