Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overnight air loss
03-20-2019, 16:31
overnight air loss
Seems I may have a issue with air leaks . This morning I noticed I was down to 40 lbs on the gauges , one was 45 the other 40 . Any thoughts on where to start looking as this does not seem normal and did not happen on the bird ? Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2019, 16:52
RE: overnight air loss
(03-20-2019 16:31)cubeman Wrote:  Seems I may have a issue with air leaks . This morning I noticed I was down to 40 lbs on the gauges , one was 45 the other 40 . Any thoughts on where to start looking as this does not seem normal and did not happen on the bird ? Thank you

Al, Not knowing how your air system is plumbed, if your aux air is connected to your chassis air, the leaks on your Isrri seat could be pulling the system down overnite. Sometimes the converters (Marathon does) connect their Aux air system to Prevost's chassis air system through a manual gate valve. If that valve is open it could cause the Chassis air gages (brakes) to leak down to 40 or 45 overnite. So, if you have that valve, you can close it to help isolate the location of the leak.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
03-20-2019, 17:00
thank you Chuck , any idea where such valve could be ? I do not think Vantare would connect to Prevost Air but who knows maybe they did . For now the seat does not leak sinse I capped that line . Hope your well and great to be reunited with my good bussies from wog Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
03-20-2019, 19:10
Prevost replaced all my Norgen valves and a bunch of others that were leaking. Coach would get the leans really fast. Not anymore

Ernie Ekberg
97 Liberty Classic
03-21-2019, 11:19 (This post was last modified: 03-21-2019 11:20 by cmillsap.)
(03-20-2019 17:00)cubeman Wrote:  thank you Chuck , any idea where such valve could be ? I do not think Vantare would connect to Prevost Air but who knows maybe they did . For now the seat does not leak sinse I capped that line . Hope your well and great to be reunited with my good bussies from wog Smile

Ai, if you have that valve, it's probably inside the door below then driver window. That's where mine is...…..

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
03-21-2019, 11:20
(03-20-2019 17:00)cubeman Wrote:  thank you Chuck , any idea where such valve could be ? I do not think Vantare would connect to Prevost Air but who knows maybe they did . For now the seat does not leak sinse I capped that line . Hope your well and great to be reunited with my good bussies from wog Smile

Ai, if you have that valve, it's probably in the door below then driver window. That's where mine is...…..

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
03-21-2019, 11:29 (This post was last modified: 03-21-2019 11:33 by davidbrady.)
Al,

All of your house air driven items get their air from the accessory tank. The tank is located located above the front axle next to the secondary tank (used for the steer axle brakes). There's an air dryer and a manifold block located in the outside compartment under the driver's area. The manifold block controls your level-lo and supplies air to your suspension air bags. The accessory tank is protected by a pressure protection valve (PPV). There's another PPV installed on the manifold block. Each PPV is set for 75psi. If your primary and secondary tanks dip below 75psi, then the PPV's block off air from your accessory tank and manifold block, or it at least they should. If your secondary and primary are dipping below 75 psi then you have leaks either in the brake system itself or you have leaks in the PPV's or the manifold block, or it's associated tubing, connections, and valves. I know, doesn't help much... Your best defense is spray bottle of soapy water. Don't go under the bus! (People are killed doing this)! Just focus on the manifold block and fittings in the driver's side compartment. Searching for leaks any further is too dangerous and should be left to Prevost. They'll get in there with soapy water and they'll pretty much solve the problem.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
03-21-2019, 20:48
thank you and I agree about the under the bus dangers . I did spray the connections that are under the drivers seat and found no leaks other than the floor slide connections which have now been replaced . I also checked the brake connection when I replaced the tiers and they were fine . So now where is the PPV's block ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
03-22-2019, 10:23
Al,

Here's what a pressure protection valve looks like: İmage .

Another common place for leaks are the drain valves for the air tanks (wet, primary, secondary, and accessory). Drain valves are located here: İmage

Also, have you performed a DOT brake test? Start the engine, build to full pressure, turn off engine, apply the brakes, let pressure stabilize for one minute, hold for an additional two minutes, pressure should not drop more the 4 psi per minute.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
03-22-2019, 13:10 (This post was last modified: 03-22-2019 13:17 by cubeman.)
I did see one of those in the front of the coach , and you say that locks in the pressure to either the brakes or air springs ?

Yes I did do a brake check and to be honest I need to do them more often .

thank you for the drawling , makes it much easier to follow and locate .

where the drawing shows expansion air tanks I assume you meant air springs to those 6 Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)