Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
overnight air loss
03-22-2019, 13:41 (This post was last modified: 03-22-2019 13:45 by davidbrady.)
RE: overnight air loss
(03-22-2019 13:10)cubeman Wrote:  I did see one of those in the front of the coach , and you say that locks in the pressure to either the brakes or air springs ?

Yes I did do a brake check and to be honest I need to do them more often .

thank you for the drawling , makes it much easier to follow and locate .

where the drawing shows expansion air tanks I assume you meant air springs to those 6 Smile

Yes, the PR-2 at the accessory tank protects brake pressure from leaks in your suspension or accessories, and the one mounted upfront at the level-lo manifold protects suspension pressure from leaks in your accessories. Not saying you have problems with your PR-2's just pointing out some of the components and complexities. When you park, the norgren valves controlling your suspension lock the air in your airbags - the coach should stay upright and level for months. This isn't the job of the PR-2's. You can have all sorts of leaks at the manifolds and PR-2's and your suspension should stay upright. BTW, all the pics I've given you came out of your Mantenance and Parts Manuals for your coach VIN available on Prevost publications.

Issues with air leaks is why PC advocates "zeroing out" a bus upon purchase. They especially like it if you zero-out at Jeff's place in Vanore Tn, "East Tennessee Luxury Coach". One can only guess why! LOL! I don't like throwing away good parts so I'm not a fan of their philosophy, but when a coach leans to one side (not yours) or if you're paying an hourly rate to chase leaks, sometimes it's cheaper to just go in there an wholesale swap out old norgren valves. Sometimes the parts involved are cheaper than the labor when chasing leaks.

The 6 "expansion tanks" at the drive/tag are actually tanks. Some call them ping tanks. They make your air springs look bigger which gives a better ride. There's also two up front for you two IFS air springs.

Oh, another common leak is the pressure regulator and associated connections for the S60 fan tensioning bellows.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2019, 12:30
thank you for the info David . So if I want to focus on the brake system first where would I start ? Is there any valve I can reach without going under the coach or removing a wheel ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
04-14-2019, 09:10
A little update on my air leaks . While getting some service on the coach the other day we did find a few leaks . No surprise there I guess as I will be chasing them down for a while . I replace all DOT fitting with compression fitting . The main leak was a brake R-14 Relay Valve .

While under there we noticed the air dryer had been bypassed ! So for 7,200 miles we drove with no air dryer . And here I just thought the provost had is muffled . When we drained the tanks I think about a gallon or more of milky water drained out . So we bought a new dryer and we are back on the road . Seems the tanks held 100 lbs over the night so more time is needed under there for sure . But for now need to hit the road . If all goes as planed should be able to get back under her after another 1,500 miles or so . Hope more issues don't arise from all the moisture that has been going through every valve, ough .

Any advise on what can go wrong and where to look next is appreciated . Happy Sunday for all you retired folks not keeping track of what day it is Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
04-22-2019, 19:32
I have been thinking about the Prevost Air system and working on how best to attack . So if I'm reading this print correctly it is the purpose of the wet tank and primary to hold air and collect water, and oil if there is any prior to going into the air dryer . Would this be true , if so why does it seem to also go into some air delivery outside of the dryer ? Or is it possible I have a old set of drawings, or my eyes no longer follow a straight line ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
05-03-2019, 08:27
Well a few more air leaks have been corrected and she was sitting up proud for daddy this morning Smile Also replaced the front air Springs and shocks . A big leak was found curb side where a house air unit is stored .Seems there is a converter connection there that was leaking badly . She now holds air for 30 min prior to the compressor coming on . Still a long way to go but for now I'm happy about making progress .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
05-22-2019, 15:37
I'm leak free Smile Turned out to be pretty simple in the end . 1 fitting on top of a tank and a relief valve . You know the one to let water out of the tank . Now I know there will be more air leaks down the road , but what a joy it is to be able to go to a supply house or Prevost and find what you need on the shelf. Next mission will be to replavvvvvvvvvvce the air bags on the genny . Not so simple cause the genny will need to be removed for this change .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes cubeman's post:
Jerry_94110 (05-22-2019)
05-22-2019, 17:04 (This post was last modified: 05-22-2019 17:07 by davidbrady.)
Al,

I've used MatJacks to lift and support my genny while I worked on the sump pan that needed replacing. Here's the thread. I think you could use the same technique to replace air springs. If this fails, most repair shops will unbolt the tray and rotate one end of the generator out at a time. This way you're never really removing the entire generator, you're simply making one end accessible.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
05-23-2019, 08:51
Wow Smile I can not believe you have had this need , lucky me Smile

So are the air bags the Prevost ones used for the engine ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)