Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Engine Cooling Fans
02-28-2019, 11:35 (This post was last modified: 02-28-2019 14:17 by davidbrady.)
RE: Electric Engine Cooling Fans
(02-28-2019 09:13)John9861 Wrote:  Please forgive me as I did not take the time to read the attachment.

Hi John, I really don't expect anyone to read it. LOL! It's a pretty long-winded paper. I agree with you, the flexibility of turning on 1, 2, then 3 etc fans only adds to the increased efficiency of the system. I thought it was a neat find. The author clearly worked with Volvo and some of his findings and research most likely made it into the Prevost coach. It's interesting to me how additional efficiency can be extracted from designs we've long taken for granted. Coming from the BlueBird Wanderlodge world many of us have long argued that there's no substitute for the engine driven fan, whether belt and gearbox driven or hydraulic driven or whatever. It's awesome to be proven wrong. Kind of makes one rethink a lot of things. There's tons of room for optimization in the big, fuel guzzling machines of ours. For instance, I'd love to see energy harvesting while driving. As the bus travels down the road it seems to me there'd be plenty of opportunity to convert some of that lost energy into battery regeneration. Imagine a linear motor acting as a generator attached to each shock absorber.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Electric Engine Cooling Fans - davidbrady - 02-28-2019 11:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)