Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanner electrical system monitor
02-22-2019, 10:16
Vanner electrical system monitor
Hello There , I have a question about this system . The other day during start up a yellow light showing a battery came on . I was not sure what it was , so I went to my control board and saw nothing out of line . When I returned to the dash the light was out . So thought nothing of it and continued our trip .

But with some down time to think I wanted to know about this issue and found that it is a product of the Vanner monitor . But what I do not know is what would I do if the light does not go out , and what is actually at risk .

Over charged batts ?
under charges batts ?

Have I told you guys how much I love my coach Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2019, 15:21 (This post was last modified: 02-22-2019 15:22 by davidbrady.)
RE: Vanner electrical system monitor
Al, do you have a 24V chassis battery charger? The Vanner equalizer should always be working, even with the key off. So, it should always be replenishing the 12V side with the 24V side. Trouble is there are significant 12V DDEC and Allison loads and w/o a 24V charger there's only so much the Equalizer can do. The yellow light means the 12V/24V are out of balance by more than the voltage delta allowed by the Vanner.

More importantly, do you have the CB for the chassis battery charger turned on?

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-22-2019, 20:02
so your saying always leave that 10amp charger running even on Inverter ?

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-24-2019, 13:05
Yes, I leave mine on all the time. Mine is ignition switch protected and yours probably is too.

david brady,

01-07-2020, 21:44
Good Evening GuRus & Happy new Year Smile

Well it has been about a year but now the Vanner issue is on the house side . A dash light for a battery came on while traveling to Pa this weekend . It seems there is a equalizer for the house side also in the bay . She is showing a 2 v higher reading than the allowed voltage . So I found one for 450 on line and should have it on Fri . I will report back my results . Also seems a new 35amp breaker cured my issue with the inverter tripping . man was that a bugger to replace without removing the inverter . But all is good and I still have 2 spares Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
01-08-2020, 12:46
Great to hear from you Al. Good news on your repairs. What's the part number of the CB you installed? You can easily up that CB to 38 Amps.

david brady,

01-08-2020, 21:11
Thank you David , I used the one from the inverter I purchased. It's cold and dark out but in the morning I will get it from the tool box and post the numbers . I'm so happy that was the issue . I can now run both electric heaters and the electric hot water and it will not trip . I will be sure to replace it with a 38amp as you recommend .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
01-11-2020, 13:27
Here are the numbers for the 35amp breaker on our 4024 inverters. It can be replaced while still connected . You shut down the inverters and all electric loads . you need only to remove front cover of inverter . It is tight and you must release the clip but it can be done and has solved all my inverter issues .

Buss
17435-32
35A R17

32vdc
250 vac

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
01-23-2020, 12:55
Thanks Al, I appreciate it.

david brady,

02-02-2020, 20:51 (This post was last modified: 02-02-2020 20:52 by cubeman.)
Last month I had a voltage issue . I was directed by a expect to replace the Vannner 100amp 12/24 in the battery area. he said it will fix my issue with a battery dash light . Well it did not fix the issue . I was getting a 12v-25v reading . I was reading it needs to be no more than half volt . So after the replacement I still had the issue . He now told me I must have a bad battery and should remove them all and do a load test . I said they are only one year old and do you know how much work this is , lol

So I decided to live with this issue a little while till after I return from Prevost in Jacksonville for a Heat/Air OTR issue . Seems the blower works for the dash but not the coach . Well sure enough it turns out to be a broken wire on the alternator . And guess what ? No more voltage issue Smile It drives me nuts when we pay top rate for advice and repairs and all they do is guess at times and toss my money at the issue . Just venting they also do many good repairs and I would be lost without these facility's .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)