Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floor Slide Issue
02-14-2019, 07:20
Floor Slide Issue
I have a 1995 Vantare H3-45 with a non working floor slide. I can hear the electrical switch making contact but no air is being applied. I cannot move the slide by hand. Do I access the floor slide mechanics from the top or from below? I am currently replacing the carpet in this area & there is a metal floor above the slide. It looks removable. I don't like opening large cans unless I have to. Dodgy Thanx, John

John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1995 Prevost H3-45 Vantare
Series 60
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2019, 09:16
RE: Floor Slide Issue
John,

Not sure if the air system is the same but here is what I did . Open the lower driver side door . There should be 2 gauges . 1 is for the slide the other for the system . See if you have pressure there . 1 should be 120 or so the other 35 or 40 maybe for the slide.

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-17-2019, 12:16
The fun part about this new to us coach is that every day something else seems to "wake up" if you will. Been some good pleasant surprises so far. Thanks Al you caused me to look back at the regulator for the slide which was showing pressure. Well I backed off the regulator & no change on the dial so I cranked it down & the pressure shot up all of a sudden & the floor slide came to life. Thank goodness I wasn't looking forward to taking all that stuff apart. Couldn't resist getting the wife to stand at the door listening for leaks while I got her good when the slide popped out. Oh the little things we get kicks out of.

John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1995 Prevost H3-45 Vantare
Series 60
02-17-2019, 21:20
lol , I did that 1 time with the Blue Bird and it wasn't good . I meant no harm but that thing can kill . I fixed it and did not tell Erika and it wacked her good I'm afraid in the shin , ouch !!

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)