Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expansion tanks
02-09-2019, 23:46
Expansion tanks
so it seems my Headhunter water pump cycles every 2 min or so even with out and water being used. I have looked under the coach and even on the floors and there dosent seem to be any leaks .

So with a coach that has sat for 2 years in a garage , is it possible the expansion tank needs air ? Now here is the real questions Smile
Does the vantare have a Expansion tank
where is it located ,lol

Thank s Guys
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2019, 00:36 (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 09:47 by travelite.)
RE: Expansion tanks
Al,

The Mach 5 Headhunter pump will work with or without an accumulator tank. Mine doesn't have one. I've had cycling of my Headhunter pump which I traced to a small water leak at the Aquahot. Where the fresh water enters the domestic loop at the AH there's knurled plastic fitting that gets hand tightened. The only way to really tighten it is to remove the Webasto burner. Another possibility is the check valve coming off the high pressure side of the Headhunter pump. If that leaks it can bleed water pressure off and cause the pump to cycle. My money is on a small water leak somewhere.

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-10-2019, 13:23
Well, if the Headhunter pump is cycling on and off every 2 minutes or so, that would indicate to me that if there is a water leak, it must be a pretty large leak that Al should be able to easily find. He says he has not been able to find any leaks. So, not knowing how the water system is designed on Al's Vantare, I would think that a possibility is that the pump is losing pressure because the water is leaking back into the water tank through a check valve. If we had a plumbing schematic to look at, we could easily tell if that is a possibility.

Chuck & Tela Millsap
Arizona
2003 Marathon XLII S/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S
2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S
2000 Wanderlodge LXi N
/S
02-10-2019, 19:04
Well as the 2 of you Gurus said it is a small water leak . Seems the check valve or what ever it is called that stops water flow when using the auto fill is leaking . The leak forces water out the hose . I guess I need to figure out the best way to gain access in there. I can see it but I do not see much room to work on it .

For now I plugged it which has slowed it down and only use the pump when needed . I do not want to burn her out while sleeping . I met Dick Warren at the old Parliament this week and he told me about the Rally in Palm Beach Wend & Thurs , so I was able to secure a camp spot there and look forward to my first Prevost Rally Smile Reminds me of the days of old when I first met you guys Smile

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-15-2019, 18:48
well a little update here . while looking at the color wheel I saw a white tank that looks to be a expansion tank . Did they make white ones ?? It is also mounted above the Aqua Hot unit which is 5 foot away from the Headhunter Pump .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com
02-16-2019, 20:18
You could have an expansion tank Al. Can you take some pics?

david brady,
'02 Wanderlodge LXi 'Smokey' (Sold),
'04 Prevost H3 Vantare 'SpongeBob'

"there is no perfect forum there are only perfect forums"
02-17-2019, 09:58
I can take pics but can not load them on computer . Seems the android I have does not trust the computer . It is a white tank but it sits on top of the Aqua hot and the line going in is also from that area . Strange to see it in that area if it was for the Headhunter you would expect it in that bay I would think .

Al Perna
1998 Prevost Vantare
2000 LXI ss ( for sale)
Ormond Beach Fla
fastcubes.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)